Our 2016 transformation
projects include the following:
Our focus on education is two-fold:
- Student sponsorship – To provide school fees, stationery and school uniforms to disadvantaged children. We are currently sponsoring over one hundred children and with your support we hope to increase the number this year. You can sponsor a primary/elementary school student for $120/yr. To sponsor a High School Student is $240/yr. Through our Churches these children are also helped spiritually to be involved in Christian service.
- Schools rehabilitation – We are currently working with 5 rural schools and are assisting them to improve their facilities by painting, fixing windows and floors and replacing doors.
- Resource Provision – Schools are assisted with textbooks, furniture for students, and sports equipment.
- Currently working with two rural clinics, assisting them with medical supplies
- We partnered with Gora Rural Health Clinic to build a maternity wing to assist over 200 women in delivering their babies in a safe, clean environment.
- We also provide mobile clinics in remote areas to assist communities with their health care needs.
- Over the last 4 years, we have drilled over 20 wells / boreholes in strategic community points to provide clean, safe drinking water for rural communities.
- The Water Project – This has provided the opportunity to start community gardens where families in the community are coming together to grow vegetables to improve their family diet and also to provide additional income for their families.
Income Generating Projects
- Assisting families with entrepreneurial potential to start income generating projects is key to achieving sustainability. We seek to assist such people and hence develop the communities they live in.
COMMUNITY SKILLS CENTRE
Though at its infancy stage, we wish to run short practical courses for the rural communities to equip them with skills that can help them be employable or run their own income generating projects. Such projects include computers, sewing, building and carpentry.